High pressure self-tightening flange is a clamped connector for high pressure (1500CL-4500CL), high temperature, highly corrosive process. It is sealed by the elasticity of reusable metal ring. It is lighter than universal flange but has a better sealing effect, saving weight and space, maintenance time and cost. It is widely used in petrochemical, oil and gas exploitation, industrial gas production, petroleum refining, food processing, chemical industry, environmental engineering, mineral and nuclear power, aerospace, shipbuilding, synthetic fuel processing, coal oxidation and liquefaction and other fields. GRAYLOC connectors is recognized as the production standard for critical service piping and vessel connections.
The high pressure self -tightening flange is composed of segment clamp, butt weld hub, sealing ring and bolt. Compared with the conventional soft sealing flange, that is, plastic deformation of the gasket to achieve the seal, the high-pressure self-tightening flange depends on the hub of the seal ring (T-Arm) elastic deformation to seal, that is, the metal to metal seal. The combination of joint, clamp and sealing ring makes the strength of the joint far greater than the strength of the pipe based material. One pressed, the sealing element is sealed not only by the force exerted by the external connection, but also by the pressure of the medium itself. The higher the medium pressure is, the greater the compression force is exerted on the sealing element.
Metal sealing ring: The sealing ring is the core part of the high pressure self-tightening flange, and its cross section is approximately in the shape of “T”. The sealing ring is clamped by the end face of two sets of hub to form a whole with the base tube, which greatly improves the strength of the connecting parts. The two arms of the “T” shaped section, that’s sealing lip, which generates an internal conical surface of the sealing area with the socket, which extends freely to form the sealing under the action of external forces (within the yield limit).
Hub：After the two hub joints are clamped, the force is exerted on the sealing ring and the sealing lip deviates from the inner sealing surface of the hub. Such deviating elasticity returns the load of the sealing surface inside the hub back to the lip of the sealing ring, forming a self-enhanced elastic seal.
Clamp：The clamp can be adjusted freely in 360° direction for easy installation.
Spherical faced nut/bolt：Generally, each set of high pressure self-tightening flange only needs four sets of high pressure spherical bolts to achieve the overall strength.
The feature of a high-pressure self-tightening flange
- Good tensile strength: In most cases, the high pressure self-tightening flange in the connection can withstand the tensile load better than the pipe itself. The destructive test proves that the flange is still intact without leakage after the failure of the pipe under tensile load.
- Good corrosion resistance: Different flange materials can fulfill the special corrosion protection requirements of different environments.
- Good bending resistance: A large number of tests show that this flange will not leak or loosen when it is under a large bending load. The actual tests show that the DN15 high-pressure self-tightening flange has been subjected to many cold bends in the pipeline, and its joints have no leakage and not loose.
- Good compression resistance: The high-pressure self-tightening flange will not bear overload compression in the normal pipeline; The maximum load of the flange at higher compression loads is determined by the ultimate strength of the pipe.
- Good impact resistance: Small size, compact structure, can withstand the impact that traditional high pressure flange can’t withstand; The metal – to – metal seal greatly enhances its impact resistance.
More information, do not hesitate to contact Perfect-valve now!